6mm arc ammo, which stands for “Advanced Rifle Cartridge,” is a versatile round that uses high-BC bullets to give great performance for AR-15 platform guns. The name 6mm Arc Ammo refers to the cartridge’s designation. This rifle ammo performs exceptionally well when used for hunting and shooting at targets. Our assortment of ammo for the 6mm ARC rifle includes Hornady BLACK, which utilizes boat-tail hollow point match bullets. These bullets are fantastic for use in competitive shooting competitions or for practicing on targets. In addition, we have the Hornady Precision Hunter 6mm ARC, which is loaded with Spitzer boat tail bullets and is intended to make short work of medium to large animals with relative ease.
Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
Designed to meet the needs of the worlds toughest critics the 6mm arc ammo for sale utilizes efficient high-BC bullets to deliver unprecedented performance from the AR-15 platform. Commercial 6mm ARC offerings will feature bullets selected to deliver ideal performance for hunting match shooting and personal protection applications.The 6mm ARC achieves results never before delivered from the AR-15 platform with the ultimate blend of system weight performance and shootability. Equally at home in AR-15 platforms and short or micro action bolt guns this load is suitable for applications from personal defense to match shooting hunting and military and law enforcement.
Buy Hornady ammo to get bullets that are accurate, consistent, and always dependable.
California`s Proposition 65
Specifications for Hornady Match 6mm ARC 108 Grain Extremely Low Drag Match Centerfire Rifle Ammunition:
|Number of Rounds:
||Spitzer Boat Tail (SBT)
|Cartridge Case Material:
|G1 Ballistic Coefficient:
|G7 Ballistic Coefficient:
- The Perfect Tip!: The Heat Shield tip on the ELD Match bullet creates the perfect meplat and outperforms BTHP bullets.
- Hornady Match Bullets: Hornady Match rifle ammunition is loaded with the most accurate, consistent match bullets in the world, featuring our AMP bullet jackets.
- Specially Selected Cases: Cases are carefully selected based on strict criteria: wall thickness uniformity, internal capacity, case weight and consistent wall concentricity.
- Carefully Matched Powder: Powder is matched carefully to each specific load for optimal pressure, velocity and consistent accuracy.
- Stringent Quality Control: With extremely tight tolerances and strict quality control, all Hornady Match ammunition features superior lot-to-lot consistency. From the bullet seating to the optimal charges and velocities, Hornady Match ammunition is designed to live up to company founder, J.W. Hornady’s original goal: “Ten bullets through one hole.”
6MM ARC SPECS
- Bullet Diameter6mm / .243
- Bullet Weights103-108gr
- Muzzle Velocity~2,750 fps
- Muzzle Energy~1,800 ft/lbs
- Cartridge Length2.26″
- Case Length1.49″
- Head Diameter0.441″
- Shoulder Angle30 Degrees
- Max Pressure52,000 psi
The 6mm Advanced Rifle Cartridge (6mm Arc Ammo) by Hornady is a new cartridge that can fire a sleek 6mm (.243) caliber projectile around 2,700 fps with minimal recoil and the 6mm ARC is short enough to fit within the dimensions of a standard AR-15 magazine and it performs very well out of an AR-15 with an 18 inch barrel (what we tested).
The parent case for the 6mm ARC Ammo is the 220 Russian. Well, kind of.
The base of the cartridge is the same diameter and the overall length of the case is similar, however, the 6mm ARC does not share the generous case taper of the 220 Russian. You couldn’t just push a 220 Russian through a reloading die to get a 6mm ARC.